Sunday, October 13, 2013

Coming out

Ran through the park today; beautiful!


Well, plenty to talk about!  First of all, I'm going to come out and say it ... I've definitely gained back some weight :(  Not a LOT, but definitely at least 10 lbs.  My most favorite of the jeans I bought on my slim down aren't really fitting right now.  I mean ... I squeezed myself into them.  And then I took them off for fear of busting a seam.  So ... I've made a deal with myself.  If I can wear them again by Nov 1, good for me!  If I can't, it's picture posting time here on the blog again!

Today I ran 6 miles.  Super sore in my hips right now, but feet feel good woo hoo!  Oh!  And I got baptized today :)  That is something I have had a desire to do for about a year now, but it just never seemed to work out.  Obviously, God had other plans for me and TODAY was the right day for it!  It actually is a hard thing to do when your desire to step away from the limelight is strong.  As a kid/teen I wanted to be the center of attention ALL the time.  Now, I'm perfectly content to step back and allow the kiddo to fill that roll.  So, I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to be washed away of my sins, and now I'm looking for the opportunity to get in some volunteer work, hopefully with the church.  I'm serious about changing my life.

I've had my first official full week of work, and fortunately I feel like I'm swimming.  Not just treading water, or even worse, drowning.  It's actually quite difficult.  VERY detail oriented, and foreign to my eyes, but I think I'm doing ok.  The girls are so nice to me and tell me I'm doing so awesome, especially for it only being my first week, but the last thing I want to do is be cocky about it.  I'm glad they think I'm doing well, it just motivates me to do even better and carry my own weight.  David also has had HIS first week, and he is kicking butt and taking names!  He's adapted quickly to the job and is competent enough to work on his own.  My husband is such a smart cookie, he could do anything he wants; it's just so difficult here in CA to find jobs.  There's so many people searching that every single little puny little job requires a license, or a certification of some sort, it's ridiculous!  Hopefully we don't have to worry about that any more, I have no plans to leave my job any time soon, and I don't think David is planning to change either:)

My sister in law is coming up next week and I'm SO excited!  I'm so blessed and fortunate that I get along with my in-laws every bit as great as I do my immediate family.  I look forward to spending time with my SIL just like I would my actual sister.  She will be here for almost a week, and it works out that we will get to spend plenty of time together:)  She's flying into the Sac airport which is not far at all.  It's a great airport.  David and I both job hunted there, but couldn't find anything.

I got up super early all last week to do T25 before work, and I will do so again this week.  I'm getting in the exercise, I just have to get my eating back under control.  I've fallen into the "sweet cereal" trap for dessert, and I'm eating way too late at night.  We do dinner around 7ish usually, but I'm then eating a bowl of cereal around 10 and that's what's causing my weight gain.  That and the 20 Ritz crackers I sneak in during the day.  I just have to slap myself mentally upside the head and not sabotage all the hard work I did last year.  Accountability!  Like I said, giving myself 3 weeks to get it together before I go back to posting "fat" pictures on the blog, so hopefully y'all won't be subjected to that again!  Hope everyone has a good week, I'm planning to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment