Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas!

SIL, son, and myself!
How gorgeous is this place?  Looks like a calendar pic!
Snow!
My handsome boys!





Christmas greetings from the beautiful and sunny CA!  It's been AMAZING weather here, with temps approaching 70 during the day; fabulous :)  Despite the warm days, the nights have been very crisp and cold, so it definitely feels like Winter, no worries!

We are hosting my fabulous sister in law this week.  SO Happy to have her here!  We're not travelling as much this time as we did when she came back in October, but we're spending plenty of quality time together and just enjoying her presence.

I didn't ride last week due to my office Christmas party in the middle of the day; it was Cheesecake Factory, so I HAD to take advantage of a quality lunch AND cheesecake ;)  Since the restaurant is attached to one of the big malls, I used the opportunity to finish up the son's shopping.  Didn't find everything I was looking for, but did find a few things for him.

Planning to ride tomorrow, and SIL is coming with me to watch and take pics!  Hope Miss Jade is good, S has ridden her a few times and said that she was alternately "good", and "interesting", haha :)  The Waterford bit came in, so I'm going to try her in that with a regular cavesson tomorrow and see what she thinks.

We went to Yosemite Tuesday (Christmas Eve), and had a BLAST.  There was snow on the ground, ice on the ground, and the temps ranged from 62-32!  It was our second time, SIL's first time ... good times.  I have a TON of pics, but it takes time to upload all that, so y'all will just have to have patience ;)

We went to church last night (Christmas day).  SIL enjoyed it!  She totally gets why we like Pastor Jimenez so much.  He went over Matthew Ch 2 and went over the REAL Christmas story.  I learn something every single day I step foot in that church, LOVE it.  I'm about half way through Leviticus right now, making slow progress, but definitely making progress.  I'm trying to dedicate a little less time to the computer, and more time in prayer and Bible reading.  I've gotten pretty good with cooking good, healthy food and keeping my house clean vs. being on the computer every single second of my free time.  It's been good for me.  We only have an antennae hooked up for TV, so David and I watch barely any TV together anymore, down from about an average of 3 hours per night, about 8 hours a day on the weekends.

My exercise has been interrupted by the arrival of the sis due to her bed being in the middle of my living room, but I won't magically gain back 10 lbs in a week.  I took the dogs for my nice little 3 mile circle; the dog park, then the human park.  Tomorrow I'll ride.  I've done pretty well food wise, so hopefully it won't be too hard to get back on track Monday.

I'll leave y'all with this synopsis for now, and elaborate more a little later.  It's 11:30, and everyone has ditched me for bed, so I guess I need to follow!  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and wishing you a continued peaceful holiday as we approach the New Year.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment