Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Recipe musings and a little more



Life is marching on.  I'm SO thankful for the sequence of events that helped me to find a new chiropractor.  I had the BEST chiro out in GA (Essential Healing Chiropractic in Woodstock), and when I moved out here to Cali I waited for a long time before I decided to seek out a new one.  Don't get me wrong, he's probably good for a LOT of people, but I was just finding myself still experiencing a fair amount of pain even after adjustments.

A few weekends ago, we were at a car show and there was a booth set up in the trade fair portion.  I stopped in and spoke to the doctor and asked whether she deals with applied kinesiology and she said she does.  SOLD!  I went last week for chronic, constant headaches I'd been having for about 6 weeks (and DESPITE an adjustment w/ the other chiro).  This is NOT a good thing to have happening when ALL you can take for said headaches is Tylenol which does NOTHING!  One adjustment, fixed.  Went for a follow up today and got my first ever massage before my adjustment and it was divine!  They combine chiro and massage for optimum results and I give it 2 thumbs up :)  Twin Creeks Chiropractic in Roseville is AMAZING!

On to the food portion!  I've been scouring Pinterest as usual and tried a few more new recipes.  ALL wins :)  I made a Shepherd's Pie, and last night fixed up a pork roast to make pulled pork sandwiches.  I've found an interesting guide to help w/ weekly food choices; hubs often complains about "chicken AGAIN?"





So now it's chicken/pork/beef/pasta/veggie/seafood each night and after 1 week the menu was a hit!  Makes it imperative to plan for the weekly shopping trip, but it's better when you do that anyway.  That article I read was actually touting monthly shopping trips for groceries, but I just don't have the storage capacity (apartment) to handle that much food at once.  So, I'll just utilize what pertains to me and move on!

Feeling good, no sickness knock on wood.  Next appt is Nov when we find out whether boy/girl.  I don't care either way, I just want HEALTHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment