Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017 Edition




I remember the exact weekend I allowed the first few pounds to creep back on.  It was February of 2013 ... the weekend I first told someone outside of my family of our impending move to CA.  That was the beginning of the end of my weight loss journey, and the beginning of packing it all back on.   This year is going to be a little different this time.  THIS year, I AM making "resolutions".  THIS year, I am holding myself accountable.

Beginning tomorrow, it's back to July of 2012.  Back to that random day when I decided it was time to stop being fat.  ALL that needs to be done is exercise/move EVERY day, and watch my calories.  I don't want to "do" low carb, or paleo, or Atkins, or, or, or.  I JUST want to make good choices and keep myself below a certain threshold.  At the end of the day, that's all there is to it!

I understand how purging sugar out of your life can make things SO much easier, but when you cut something out 100%, you (I) feel deprived.  Sugar in SMALL doses will still be allowed, calories permitting, but never as a "reward".  I want to reward myself with things OTHER than food; I went ahead and "pre-rewarded" myself for losing 20 pounds.  I haven't done that yet; in fact, I'm pretty sure I've gained weight since the pics I took of me in my blue shirt.  But I thought maybe if I just go ahead and do something nice for myself, I can manage to meet my goal.



On Friday the 23rd, I got my foot surgery (FINALLY).  Also on Friday the 23rd, I got my nose pierced.  I've been wanting to do it for awhile now, and I kept telling myself it would be my reward for losing 20 pounds, but sometime around Thanksgiving, I decided to throw in the towel all together and just binge until Dec 31st.  Well, that is EXACTLY what I have done.  Zero exercise, lots of (Panera Bread's FREE ones) bagels, lots of chocolate, full sugar sodas here and there, sweet tea at dinner, and fried chicken rather than grilled on my Zaxby's salads.  Frowny face.  Tomorrow begins a new day, and even a new year.



2017 is going to be my BEST year yet.  I'm HOPING to reconnect with some old friends, make some new ones, and steadily drop the pounds back off.  I have some AMAZING unspoken goals I am claiming for the new year, and I resolve to look on life with an uplifting and positive attitude.  I strive to improve and move up at work, I strive to raise another son to be as awesome and amazing as the first one, and I strive to be a loving and supportive wife to my husband.



2016 can bite the dust, 2017 is here to be THE year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment