Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Making it happen

I know it's been awhile.  I've turned to Instagram a bit to make things more simple since I can't update my blog from my phone.  2 weeks ago I finally joined Weight Watchers.  We get a HUGE discount through David's work, and I love the idea of the point system vs. counting straight up calories or figuring up complicated meal combinations.  So far, I haven't had a single "screw it" day.  I've tracked every bite of food, figuring up food values, and logging faithfully into my app.  So far, nothing earth shattering ... 7 pounds.  But hey, it's a start!  And I have not exercised at ALL.  The weather went from cold and snowy to cold and flooding.  There have been VERY few nice days, so after getting through a whole SIX DAYS of couch to 5K, I stopped.  Again.  Then I got sick.  I'm finally well, finally feeling better, and ready to get to it.

This morning after Wednesday Weigh in!  7 lbs down


Today I sweated to T-25 ... it's 4 days to my 40th birthday.  I WILL be "blowing it" a bit that day.  We're going to a car show, then eating at Paula Deen's restaurant.  I WILL eat all the foods, but I will be strict with my portions.

Looking forward to MAYBE wearing a pair of actual shorts this summer?  Maybe?  I haven't bought myself clothes since I had to finally break down and buy some "fat jeans".  Other than that, I've bought motorcycle riding clothes, but I would buy those big anyway.  My "girls" are out of control, I'm ready to have the chest shrink a bit lol!  I love the T-25 Speed 1.0 because it works both arms, cardio, and stretch.  I'm going to do that workout tomorrow and Friday, trying to not modify much by Friday.  I'm still too fat to jump around much ... my target "jumping" weight is 180.  So that's basically 25 pounds.  DANG.  I can't believe I've gained so much, it's disheartening.  My dream weight is back down around 148.  That's a comfortable size 10/ some clothes in an 8.

The best thing WW is doing for me is training me to look for more healthy options.  Today I went to Aldi's to buy our take and bake pizza.  1/8 of the pizza is a serving size.  1/8.  That's barely any food.  It's worth a whopping 10 points.  I get 23 the entire DAY.  But a full cup of 3 cheese tortellini w/ a 1/4 cup of marinara is only 9 points ... and it's more filling.  So I still get my yummy, italian food, just in a different form.  I had a chicken hot dog cut up in a spoon full of chili with a sliced dill pickle and a smidge of mustard and ketchup.  Soooooo good.  No bun.  No chips.  I'm missing dessert every night, but I'm hoping that once I transition over to "maintain" vs. "lose" I get more points lol. 

I finally bought batteries for my food scale.  And I bought a scale.  For the first time in 39 years.  It's sickening to step on it, but I'm tired of burying my head in the sand.  I'm ready to lose again.  I'm ready to be me again.  And I'm bound and determined to do it without trendy packaged foods and mail order products.  I can't TELL you how many of my facebook friends sell IT works, or Shakeology, or 310 shakes, or X ... it's all silly.  Sure, it may work in the short term.  But I can DO this with grocery store food and a little number guidance. 

Thanks for reading. Thanks for supporting me.  I'm excited to reach 10 lbs down, then 20, then 30 ... it's just progress.  It won't be fast, but as long as it's steady, I'm good with it.

Sweaty Selfie for accountability

1 comment: