Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Really great blog articles!

Though things are beginning to feel a little flabby, the OLD me is a thing of the past!  Pic taken a year ago


So, I wrote a GREAT blog this morning ... in my head ;)  By the time I roll on home after working for 13 hours, the smooth words, seamless flow, and highly entertaining prose is gone.

I've got a lot of stuff going on in my head!  I haven't really had a burning desire to get it all out necessarily, which is why I've been a little bit quiet as of late.  Something that's been starting to bother me a little bit is the fact that I need to get fit ... again.  The good news, is I am NOT "fat".  I donated ALL of my "fat" clothes, and everything I have purchased in the past year fits perfectly still.  No, what I'm feeling is a loss of muscle tone.  While my SIZE is still smile inducing, the flab is beginning to come back.  I promised myself I would stay in tune, and keep on top of any weight gain.  I haven't done much in the way of exercise beyond my usual stall cleaning because 3 weeks ago, I went from running 4 1/2 miles in a week to running 12 miles in a week.  I did that 2 weeks in a row.  Not surprisingly, I began to get not only a twinge in my knee, but also an ache in my ankle.  Right knee, left ankle.  Ooops.

So, I took a week off.  Then 1 went to 2.  Then summer camp happened, and I'm up at 4:00, to Joyce's by 5:00, to Patchwork by 9:30, then home around 7:30.  So now, 2 weeks has become 3, and this is the beginning of week 4 with no exercise.  I've still been making decent food choices; I eat a sandwich with only one slice of bread, I drink LOTS of water, I'm still sworn off sweet tea and sodas, but I do eat dessert.  Every night.  And sometimes after lunch.  I've recently forced myself to eat a 'fake brownie' for my lunch dessert (the Kashi chocolate squares), and a serving size of no sugar added blue bell ice cream with some extra Andes candies crumpled on top.  So I'm eating too much bread.  I still have my Cheerios every morning, but I've added a slice of sourdough toast, AND a banana.  It's the super, crazy, early morning.  Banana on the way to barn #1, toast and cereal on the way to barn #2.

I'm actually quite sore today.  I'm teaching Advanced horse camp, and my assistant is doing 15-20 minutes of yoga, and then I'm doing about 15-20 minutes of Insanity.  I've pulled the easier exercises from 'Core Cardio and Balance', and we're knocking them out every morning!  So that's something.  Next week is my final week as a riding instructor.  The week after will be a whirl wind of packing.  Then the 5 days following will be our epic journey across the US.  11 states!  I have a job interview tomorrow, thank you Jesus.  I have someone looking at Tiki Saturday, please pray that goes well for me.  Pray even HARDER I win the Mega Millions tonight instead, because chances are if I know you, you'll benefit from it;)  Look for blog posts detailing our epic move to Cali!  You all will be dealing with picture overload:)  God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well with the move and that you can re-establish a routine that you are happy with!
    Good luck with the interview & Tiki's sale prospect - obviously I too would prefer for you to win the Millions and everything would then just be easier! :p

    ReplyDelete