Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Positivity

Land's End Park, San Francisco

The ruins of Sutro Baths

Heading up to an upper trail

Jacey and Kody have their happy faces on!

The sheer bliss of being truly free






So, I follow a lady on facebook called One Fabulous Mama.  She has a blog, and advocates living frugally, planning your meals carefully, etc.  She posts a few daily posts about living your life, and only accepting the GOOD.  She's awesome.  I LOVE to read her daily inspirational posts, because how many of us sometimes get down on ourselves/lives?  She does too, but it's all about snapping out of it!  Realize you're being negative, then let it go!  We can all afford to be more positive:)

I'm dealing with all the usual moving stuff.  I can't find really ANY important documents, which honestly isn't a huge surprise.  I'm the most disorganized person, it's really pathetic.  I have vowed to turn over a new leaf here in my new life in California.  So far, I'm doing great, but it definitely is a pain in the rear to deal with the aftermath of my GA disorganization.  Also, job searching is HARD.  My husband (and I) are desperately holding out for something different, but the time is nearing to GET SOMETHING NOW.  So, it may be that we do what we know until something different comes along.  Unless of course, I win the lottery this week, which of course I'm trying to do!  There's SO many places around me, I KNOW there's a secret dream job in there somewhere, but I've done the same thing for so darn long, I just don't even know how to go about getting it!  And I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, I've never known.  I guess that's why I'm 34 years old with about 10 years worth of college courses, but no degree.  Some may call me a loser, but I'm holding out for ... I don't know.  Following my heart?  It's honestly overwhelming to try and figure out WHAT to do, then go about getting it.  I used to have people come up to me while I was at Patchwork, desperate to work at the barn, and I was always smug and secure in my position, knowing Janet doesn't hire people she doesn't know.  Well, the tables have turned and now I'm the person nobody knows, and that's a daunting fact.  Faith; the patience to wait for the right thing to happen, but the "get out there and pound the pavement looking".  Hard for a habitual procrastinator!  But the procrastination never goes away if you always give into it; you have to PUSH that habit away, aggressively.

We're still finding out so many things about this new community we live in.  Some neighbors told us about a great dog park just down the street, MAYBE 2 miles or so?  We hopped in the truck yesterday, drove around, and found the park.  It's GREAT!  2 fully fenced in runs, one just for "big" dogs, lots of benches, doggie water fountains, and the big dog area is humongous.  You could put at LEAST 4 horses out there comfortably.  There's an area in the middle that's dirt/hard pack for them to run on, and it's surrounded by nice grass.  It cracked me up when we first let Peytan off her leash; she was like, "WHAT??!!"  She TOOK off, running free and happy.  Timbre used to be able to run with us off leash; we used to take him to my in-law's deer camp, and let him run with us while we rode our 4 wheelers, but Pey will run off.  She has 100% no recall, so she always has to be on leash, no matter what.  So for her, it's been something like 2-3 years since she's been allowed to really run free; we used to take her over to our neighbor's house and let her go in their back yard when they walked away from their house, but when the new neighbor moved in, that stopped of course.  And still, the back yard was small.  I took Jacey to the small dog area, and she was happy to roam free, socializing with all the other small dogs, but she doesn't run after balls, it's not her thing.  Peytan resorted to taking huge, floating trot strides around the area, and finally realized there were other dogs in there with her, and she met a few new friends.  It made me so happy.  Where we lived had a dog park, but it was about 50 minutes away from us, so guess who never went.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line and update what's going on here.  We went to San Francisco this past Saturday, and it was great.  We ate at the Hollywood Cafe for the 4th time, and I think it's finally time to move on and try a new spot.  It was good, but it's become BTDT.  We found the area of SF that seems to be where the locals really live.  Wider streets, and NOTHING but apartments and town homes.  It was very gray and chilly, but that honestly was a nice change because sunny and dry gets boring, lol!  We drove through Japan Town, and will try to walk through that area next time; we spent a bit of time at Land's End Park, and that was SO cool!  It was cold and windy, but steep cliff trails, ruins of old bath houses, beach, and rocks.  It was awesome.  MILES of trails to traverse, but all the way in SF, so not somewhere I can go on a daily or even weekly basis.  David really loves SF and would live there in a heart beat, but it's not my style.  I'm much more comfortable here in Sac, and would live in Redding in a heart beat.  We're so similar, but we're definitely different in our tastes as well.  Too many people make me CRAZY.  I hate shopping in a store so crowded people run into you, and SF is pretty much always that way.

All for now!  Y'all say a little prayer for us that the job thing falls in line pretty quickly:)  We KNOW it will all be fine, but I'm trying to be a little less last minute, so ... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment