Tuesday, January 26, 2016

FOOD!



I know we all get a little stagnant and stale with our food routine; I have a facebook friend that shares her meal plan for the week and it can be REALLY helpful!  I'm not quite organized enough to actually PLAN the sides, but I find that once I've made a plan and a shopping list, the accompanying dishes aren't as difficult to figure out.

I REALLY wish my boys would branch out and be a little more vegetable ambitious.  I'm NOT willing to make different meals for us, so even though I try to be as healthy as possible, my menu is not exactly always "skinny", "organic", "vegan", or "low" anything.

Heck, it's a huge accomplishment to have graduated from fast food 5 nights a week to cooking 4 nights a week with 3 of those being processed/box meals to actually COOKING real food 6 nights a week.  And we don't do leftovers for DINNER.  I save leftovers and that feeds me lunch occasionally, but we don't do them for another dinner night.

So, without further ado, I am going to attempt to do a weekly blog post with my week's meal plan for those that may be struggling to figure out what they can cook.  If I can, I'll post the link; the majority of my recipes come from Pinterest.  The following is this past weeks's food.

*Broiled fish ( I normally use Target's Swai fillets, but my Sac one has been OUT for over a month :(  Used Cod this time, and didn't care for the flavor of the fish.  This recipe is one of my favorites, though, and I thought the parmesan cheese was a nice touch at the end.
Broiled fish  LOVE this recipe, I sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the fish.  This time, I added a little sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese for the last 2 minutes of broiling time.  That was the ONLY thing that made the cod edible.

*No boil chicken alfredo.  LOVE this recipe!  It also works beautifully with shrimp; I just buy a bag of the large precooked from Target and skip the part where I cook them in a pan.
One pan chicken alfredo

*Brats. No recipe needed here.  I buy the low fat cheese ones, slap them on the George Foreman for 6 minutes, and slap them on a whole wheat weenie bun!
Johnsonville brats

*Pancakes.  Made these last night.  SO good!  Subbed a 1/2 tsp of Allspice instead of a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and the flavor was SO yummy.  We don't do maple syrup in our house, I actually love plain old sugar free syrup.  Saved time making them after work by mixing up my dry ingredients ahead of time.
Vanilla cinnamon buttermilk pancakes

*Pork sandwiches with home made BBQ sauce.  This turned out really well, I was surprised at myself!  First time trying out this recipe and it was a winner.
BBQ pork sandwiches

*Broccoli Beef.  My favorite!  LOVE this recipe, I would eat it 3 nights a week if I could.  WAY better than Panda Express and so, so easy.
Broccoli Beef

Hope this is helpful!  I have SO many recipes on Pinterest pinned that I haven't gotten around to trying yet ... I will post as I finally DO try them :)  Oh, and GO BRONCOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment