Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekly menu



So I found myself just trying to kill time, waiting for a Super Bowl that I actually plan to WATCH for the first time, so I decided to go ahead and post last week's menu!  Tried 2 new recipes that turned out GREAT, and I have another new one that's in the crock pot as we speak.

I already have next/this week's menu planned and bought for b/c I don't get my usual Wednesday off this week.  My fridge and freezer are STUFFED!    I have 2  more new recipes planned, will report back how they turn out!

"Grilled Chicken"; this recipe is amazing.  It is SOOOO easy and it is super yummy and tasty.  This is one of my 'old standby' recipes.
Grilled chicken

Shrimp Scampi; I've made scampi before w/ the oh so easy Campbell's skillet sauces, but this was seriously just as easy.  AND it tasted better.  The recipe calls for fettuccini, but we prefer angel hair.  Oh!  And I don't like wilted green leaves, so I left out the green stuff too ;)
Shrimp scampi

Lasagna; simple, home cooked, and GOOD.  I have made lasagna rolls, but never just normal, straight up lasagna.  I left out a few of the spicier spices b/c the hubs doesn't care for anything that's too spicy.  Still turned out yummy and perfect.
Lasagna

Veggie soup w/ hamburger.  I admit it.  I didn't actually follow the recipe.  So maybe this link is good, or not.  But I DID put the burger meat in it; I used ground turkey and seasoned it w/ a little garlic salt.  For my veggie soup, I simply start w/ half a pot of water, throw in each veggie in order of cook time, simmering about 3 minutes before I add the next one, then throwing in a can of tomato sauce and chicken/veggie boullion cubes.  But here's the link to the actual veggie soup; let me know if y'all like it!
Burger veggie soup

Slow cooker salisbury steak.  This was good.  My problem was that I undercooked it a little.  My crock pot tends to cook on the fast side, so I cut out about an hour and a half/2 hours worth of cook time.  I was also thinking the ground sirloin would cook faster than say, a roast.  Well, I was wrong.  The flavor was AMAZING, and I did read the comments and use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup.  I also served it w/ mashed potatoes and it was really yummy.  Next time I'll just make sure I cook it longer!
Salisbury Steak

Honey Parmesan Pork Roast; this is what's in the crock pot right now, so not sure how it's going to turn out.  Super easy, that's for sure!  I decreased the amt slightly of basil and oregano b/c I find those spices cook up a little potent for my taste.  It's beginning to smell good, so hopefully I can report that it tastes good, too!
Pork Roast

Hope this helps anyone out there w/ their meal planning ideas!  And go Broncos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment