Saturday, July 2, 2016

SO much to say, so little time

The whole crew


There's so much I want to say on this blog post.  It's a little harder to have the time to take out ye old computer to update, so when I have a minute to do it I feel like a novel is in my head, lol!

SO blessed!


It is with mixed emotions that we pack up the last of our apartment this weekend.  I only have 1 more day of work, and they were so sweet and threw me a surprise going away pot luck.  Everyone signed a card and it just made me want to cry.  It has been a rough road at times, and I ALMOST walked away early on, but I stuck it out and have carved out my own space in the office.

We forced him to go down in a giant lava tube!


I am so excited to say that David and I both will be starting new jobs as soon as we arrive in TN.  We get there on Tuesday the 12th, and we start work Monday the 18th.  David with his same company, I with a new doctor.  We really hit it off during my phone interview, and I'm super excited to begin a new job, hopefully one that lasts a L O N G time :D

Such a blessing to FINALLY have happy baby


Baby is doing AWESOME!  Most nights, he sleeps from 9:30-10:30, just depending on when we get him wound down, to anywhere from 6:30 to 8 the next morning.  WIN!  He will STILL only nap during the day when he's physically ON someone, but at least he's sleeping all night.  He was 13 weeks/3 months exactly yesterday on the 1st.

We didn't tell him our day would involve cardio ...


I want to dedicate the bulk of this post as a shout out to the amazing man that some of you may have heard me talk about.  Words can't express how blessed and humbled I am to have Paw paw here with us.  I felt unbelievably overwhelmed when I started to look for CA daycare for Mav; my sweet 7 week old baby going to daycare??  And the going rate here in our area is $100 per day for infants.  Yes, you read that right.  $1200 for a month of 3 day per week child care.  That amount was putting a serious crimp on our moving savings, especially considering we're having to pay rent on TWO houses for TWO months.  Then, my MIL asked if we would consider having my FIL come out to watch the baby for us.  According to her, before I even went on Maternity leave, he mentioned he wanted to come out here and live with us until our moving date so he could stay with his grand son.  I said OF COURSE!

So many roads traveled, so many more to go!


Paw paw arrived late April, and when I went back to work that last week in May, he was prepared.  Mav was SO fussy and frustrating those first few months, but Paw paw took it all in stride and NEVER tried to pawn him off on anyone.  He's used to having the freedom to be outside, working in his shed or the freedom to hop on his motorcycle and ride down the road on a whim to NOW sitting inside our tiny disaster of an apartment holding a baby for what feels like 23 out of 24 hours of the day.  I just thank God for this amazing man that is in our lives helping us out, and for raising his son to be such a fantastic father and husband.  THANK YOU David Bishop, Sr for blessing us beyond measure, we all love you so much.  Kody is loving having you around, and I'm just tickled to be surrounded by 3 generations of amazing men.  We've loved having you here, and Mav is so lucky to get to spend time with you.

Amazing Grand Father


Little man has an appointment in Kentucky at the Shriner's in Lexington.  Looks like that's where we'll be going for all his follow up appointments.  I won't have a day off during the week anymore, so David will be taking him.  I'm nervous about it, but I've read that the doctor there is as good as the one here in Sac, so that's good.  Apparently there are quite a few orthos out there that "treat" clubfoot but don't actually know what they're doing, causing people to have to travel to either Missouri or Iowa to visit 1 of the 2 world renown clubfoot experts to fix what the other doctors messed up.  We've been incredibly fortunate to be just 20 minutes up the road from the Sac Shriner's, and now to be within 3 hours of the KY one for what will only HOPEFULLY be twice yearly visits.  We just pray for no relapses which would mean weekly casting appointments again. The bnb phase is the "maintain the correction" phase, which goes for 4-5 years. Just pray for us every now and then, we'd appreciate it.

Just for fun, a little Kody baby pic


It is with mixed emotions that we prepare to leave out in less than a week, but I'm just looking at the positive moving forward of our lives.  Excited to see some of our friends and family again, and excited to see what the future holds.  Love and God Bless you all!!!

Always looking forward, but definitely will miss this

No comments:

Post a Comment