Sunday, November 25, 2012

Slowly getting back on track

My awesome LBD I found at Goodwill!


I've slowly been getting over the crud, thought I'm still not quite 100%.  I ran 3 days this week.  30 minutes around the neighborhood ( not including a 5 min warm up and a 5 min cool down, so really it's 40 minutes worth of exercise).  I steadily get better and better each time I do it!  Today was my 3rd run, and I did my 4 mile trek to the swamp.  I ran 10, walked 2 and completed 4 miles in 46 minutes and change.  Wow!  The track to the swamp is along the back roads and is mostly flat.  It took me 48 minutes and change to run my 5k, so I'm pleased with the improvement!  I keep feeling all paranoid that I'm going to gain weight, but my size 10 jeans are still fitting perfectly and my 14's fall off.  I've never lost any significant amount of weight before, so I'm just unsure how hard it's going to be to maintain.  The only bummer thing about this running thing is my left heel is KILLING me again.  I had NO problems doing Insanity, despite the high impact of it.  My right leg/heel is perfect, but my left heel/calf is super sore.  This was week 2 of doing not much, next week will be two more until I ramp up the Insanity one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment