Sunday, November 18, 2012

STILL sick:(

A rare GA snowfall!  From 2010


As of today, I STILL have a thick, persistent drainage in the back of my throat.  I feel like coughing up a lung, I keep clearing my throat, but at LEAST I don't have feverish body aches or anything (knock on wood).  Again, I feel like this week has been a loss, exercise wise.  Monday I did "cardio recovery", and was sore on Tuesday:)  I was happy for that.  Tuesday-today (Sunday) I've tried to rest and take it easy to hopefully RECOVER from this CRUD.  Today I feel ok, other than the thick drainage, so I decided to head out on a run this evening.  I set my alarm for 30 minutes, and began hitting it at a pretty decent clip (for me, anyway!).  I did roughly half a mile more than my last run about 10 days ago:)  My endurance was perfect, what was hindering me was my knees and a small stitch in my side.  So, I'm up to about 2 1/2 miles in 30 minutes, which I'm proud of!  If I keep at it, I'm sure I can get 3 miles in that time!

I am standing at quite a crossroads right now.  I TRY so HARD to just love my life.  I don't suffer boughts of depression, I never feel sorry for myself, and I work hard to find the positive in every situation.  But ... I'm tired.   I'm ready to actually have time (well, MONEY) to SHOW my OWN horse.  I'm actively trying to make some changes, but of course change is hard.

I'm happy to report I haven't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks with my sad lack of exercise.  I've tried to eat well, and "clean".  I honestly don't have a desire to actually LOSE any more weight.  I'm down in an 8 in a dress size, a 10 in jeans, and I'm VERY happy with how I look in the mirror.  A little more toning is fine with me, but I'm super happy with my body for the first time in forever!  Tomorrow starts a new week, so hopefully this persistent crud will go away and I can get in my 3x a week runs and my 2x a week Insanity.  Not gonna lie, it's nice to know I have 2 whole days off from working out vs. just 1:)  I'm actually pretty lazy by nature!

If y'all can find it in your hearts, prayers for me and family would be much appreciated.  I don't post all over facebook with vague prayer requests because I think it's mostly just a cry out for attention.  I'm actually a pretty private person (believe it or not, lol!), and my relationship with God is hard for me to put into words.  I DO know that He is always in control, and things always happen exactly the way they're supposed to, so prayers for the ability to make good decisions is in order, I guess.  Thanks for reading, and thanks for the support!!!

1 comment:

  1. Boo for still being sick :( And I feel ya about seeking direction. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for! Miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete