Sunday, March 3, 2013

You don't have to go fast ... you just have to go

Passed this on my run today; Euharlee's famous covered bridge


That's a motivational picture I pinned on Pinterest.  You don't have to go fast ... you just have to go.  That's exactly what I did today.  It's supposed to be my day off, but it turned out to be a gorgeous if a bit chilly day.  The call of the great outdoors was too powerful to resist, so I laced on my running shoes and walked out my front door.  I then began to run ... and 6 miles later, I was still running!  1 hour and 15 minutes.  Holy Moly, I've NEVER run for that long.  Again, YOU can frickin' do it!  All you've got to do is contract your core, relax your jaw and fingers, focus, and GO.  My knees nearly buckled when I downshifted back to a walk, but I barely breathed hard at all during the entire run.  I didn't sweat at all; I wore sweat pants and a tech fabric running shirt.  SHOULD have worn gloves; my fingers were so cold and stiff I could barely move them.

I applied to a college today that has a dental hygenist program.  I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I'm pretty sure it involves health care of some sort.  I looked into a nurse anesthetist program per my mom's recommendation, but couldn't find one near me.  Same problem with Pharmacy school.  I'll figure it out!  By the grace of God go I ...

Speaking of God, my pastor had a great message today.  Hope.  Hope is desire with the expectation of getting what IS desired.  Tribulation leads to patience which leads to experience which leads to hope.  I have lots of hopes.  I have plenty of tribulations in my life, and I'm VERY patient.  It's time for MY hopes to become reality ... one of those hopes has been my weight loss.  I've FINALLY done what I had to to achieve my goal.  Memories connect us to our past, while hope connects us to our future.  My future looks better than my past EVER did.  I love this statement; it's going to become my new mantra.  I'm not quite ready to reveal my big master plan yet, but believe me ... my life is changing this year.  I've already taken steps to become a completely different and hopefully better person.  This next part applies to some of the people that are in my life.  They for sure think they've "arrived".  I know, because they've said it.  However ... NEVER think "I've arrived".  You always push and strive for betterment and Godliness.  You haven't "arrived" until you're taking your last breath here on Earth.  Food for thought!  Great day today, I feel very accomplished:)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with all the changes!
    Good on you for not settling and continuing to strive for what you want from life! :)
    Completely agree - one never arrives..we must always seek to achieve more/do better. :D

    ReplyDelete