Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Catching up

My favorite of the recent snap shots I've taken


Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last, ahem, rant.  Monday.  THIS Monday, we FINALLY got the truck registered.  In CA, if you own a pickup, it's considered a commercial vehicle, which means you have to go to a certified scale and have it weighed.  Yes, really.  So, it's official.  Both vehicles now have CA plates, so we're here!

I've been a little quiet on the job front.  I tell ya ... there's NOTHING that will make you feel more worthless than job hunting.  I thought I had a job all lined up upon arrival ... at Target.  Turns out, I just got put off and put off until I finally quit pursuing it.  They never said we're NOT hiring you ... just, "You'll hear from us".  Yeah.  So David and i have just been sitting around, praying for work.  I can't TELL you  how many apps both of us have filled out.  Sadly, we've reached that point where we can't afford to sit here any more, we need the first thing that comes along ... it's been like 8 weeks.  Up until this week, all those apps haven't resulted in ANYTHING.  No phone interviews, no actual interviews, nothing.  Finally, this week, we've both had a little action.

I had an interview Monday, another one yesterday, and one tomorrow.  David also has one tomorrow, but his is technically the 2nd one since this same company already went through the phone interview process, and now it's an in person interview.  So, high hopes!  Fingers crossed!  I'm tired of feeling like the last 15 years of my life have been a waste, job market wise.  I knew I wouldn't just instantly get the first position I applied for, but I did NOT realize I would submit my resume upwards of 20 times and get nothing from it.

Same thing with regards to Kody.  I kind of thought he would get picked up by an agent pretty quickly, but turns out not so much.  I'm resubmitting his pictures to the company I had picked out back in GA as the agent I want him with, as what I sent them a month ago obviously wasn't what they were looking for.  What's frustrating to me is I'm not looking for him to do prints stuff.  I'm trying to get commercial acting stuff.  Why is it that they decide who to speak with based on pictures?  They don't want a video example of the kids's stage presence, they want snap shots and clothes measurements.  So maybe I just need better pictures, I don't know.  Photography isn't exactly my strong suit.

Swimming has been going well.  Even though I'm not angling for speed, I feel like I'm turning over the laps a little quicker.  Did 12 miles on the stationary bike the other day; wow, my butt was sore at the end of that lol!  Can't wait to actually have a REAL bike to log some actual miles on.  2015 is closer than you think!  I will start to push my distance a little more there soon; right now I'm SUPER happy about 750 yards, but really I'm only swimming for maybe ... 1/2 an hour or so?  I don't know, I don't wear a watch in the pool.  I will be logging some laps tomorrow in lieu of running, so maybe I will set the timer for 45 minutes and just see how far I get.

Today, I ran 8 miles, then walked an additional mile picking Kody up from school.  I am SO proud!  My time wasn't super fast because I alternated walk a mile, run a mile, walk a mile, run a mile, etc.  That being said, I'm happy with my time because the FIRST time I went 6 miles (as a run/walk) I could BARELY manage the 2 1/2 miles total I ran mixed in with 3 1/2 miles of walking, AND it took me over 2 hours to complete.  Today, I walked 4 miles, ran 4 miles, and even with waiting to cross streets finished in a hair over 2 hours.  I couldn't have done it without my new shoes; no rubbing/blister/pain at ALL!  I will definitely never buy running shoes not from a running store ever again.  Best investment in my fitness I've made:)  I have 2 long term goals; do the 2015 Lava man Tri in Hawaii with my sister.  The other is to run a marathon with my aunt and uncle.  I don't have a specific date goal for the marathon, but I DO know that if it's ever going to happen, I have to start upping my miles and doing a long day at least once a week.  I know I'm not ready to hit 15 or more miles yet, but I do think 10-11 is doable right now, especially considering I felt good at the end of my 8, not "dead" at all.

That's all I've got for right now!  Prayers for some money would be good right about now, lol. So, if you feel like lifting us up for any reason, finances are the major concern at the moment.  I know the jobs will come, and the money will come, but the immediate is what I'm worried about.  Oh well, hard times build character, right?  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping everything crossed for you guys on the job front - big bad scary world out there. But in saying that there is something for everyone and you will find the right thing for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete