Thursday, September 20, 2012

C e l e b r a t i o n



You know that song?  "Celebration ... Let's all celebrate and have a good time!"

That's the song that was going through my head today as I slipped on the shorts I've tried on about half a dozen times since June ... and I FINALLY wore them!  They're a 12 ... but they're definitely not a generous 12!  I have been able to physically button them now for about a month or so, but HUGE puffy muffin top.  Today, they fit perfectly comfortably with no visible protrusion on the top:):):)  ALL of my friends can tell you that in the many years they've known me, they've NEVER seen me in a pair of real shorts.  It's capris, always.  My fat lumpy thighs embarrass me, so even if I wear a skirt or dress I make sure it comes down to just below the knees at the shortest.

Today, I wore those shorts with no embarrassment whatsoever.  There is still lumpiness in the thighs, but it is MUCH reduced ... another round of running (increasing from where I left off), plus another round of Insanity will turn that fat to muscle, sure enough.  I'm not ready to prance around in a bathing suit yet, but June 2013?  Watch out!

I am getting SO much stronger.  I can do many of the exercise sets from the Insanity program without stopping now.  I haven't made it through "Pure Cardio" with no breaks yet, but I'm getting better.  My boss was complimenting my weight loss and asking how much I've lost.  I honestly have no idea, and don't really want to know yet.  I'll be honest ... my starting weight was 190.  That was what the scale said when I went for my gyn appt. back in November, and I'm pretty sure I maintained that until June when I began to change my lifestyle.  My boss thinks around 15 lbs.  That would put me at 175.  My book keeper thinks more like 20 ... that puts me at 170.  I'll be honest, for the amount of work I've put into it, I would HOPE I'm more like 160-165, but I don't know.  I'm for SURE down a full size ... if I were to go jean shopping, I would be shopping in the 12's.  Only one more size to go before I'm truly HAPPY ... 2 more sizes will REALLY make me happy:)

I'll be honest, I need to sugar detox a little bit again.  I've been controlling my calories like a I have been, but I've been having some sort of refined sugar dessert every night.  I need to cut those down to once or twice a week for right now, then cut it out even further.  A moment of proud realization?  Since June, I have consumed exactly ONE fast food burger.  I had a whopper jr. with no mayo and no cheese back in August. No fries;  I don't think I had any sort of side with it at all.  Pretty good considering during a "normal week", I'd do McDonalds/Wendys/Burger King/Zaxbys.  And that's a QP meal at McD's, a whopper meal at BK, a Bacon Deluxe meal at Wendys, and a fried chicken finger meal at Zaxby's ... ALWAYS with either a Coke or a sweet tea.  My eating habits have come a LONG way!

Positive progress!  Always a good thing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment