Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting FIT!:)



I feel so amazing.  I WAS feeling a little bit like a loser last week because I did my Insanity Tues-Thurs like a good girl, but on Friday I was stuck on the xc course for TWELVE hours.  I was not expecting that at all.  I knew there were a lot of horses to get through the course, but 12 hours worth??  So I didn't leave the horse show until 7:30 at night, and didn't make it home until 9:00 and I was FRIED.  There was not a single lick of shade on the entire course and despite copious amounts of sunscreen, I was as red as a lobster and pretty dehydrated.  Needless to say I did not do my workout.

Saturday and Sunday, I couldn't get the job done because my husband was parked in front of the tv ... I couldn't do my video.  I suppose I could have gotten out and run but it took the weekend for me to recover from Friday ... AND I went back up to the show on Sat and didn't get home again until around 8pm.    By Sunday night I was feeling like a total slacker.

Monday afternoon I started anew with the workout all over again minus the "fit test".  I was SO much better at it!  I sweated like crazy, guzzled water like a woman dying of thirst, and tightened the drawstring of my pants WAY up because they kept falling down:)  So today was the "recovery" day, and it was absolutely marvelous.  Very yoga in nature.  I'm slightly sore today, but NOTHING like last week's barely able to move stuff.  I'm always at war with myself about WANTING to start that video up, but when I'm done ... I feel amazing.  Exhausted, shaky almost, but wonderful.

I will have the weekend off from Insanity, and then next week it's back to 6 days a week.  Whew!  Tried on a cute dress I got about 12 years ago that has FIT me the entire time for the most part, but it's been super tight, which is highly unattractive.  I slipped it over my head today just to see, and it was loose and flattering:)  The best part?  It's a size 11!  And no, it's NOT elastic;)

Looking forward to the "weigh in" again!  I am just curious to see the Insanity results vs strictly running results.  I think I'm going to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment