Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Post race wrap up

I had so much fun at the race.  My childhood friend came and ran with me the WHOLE time.  When the airhorn went off, we waited for all the fast people to take off, but waited a hair too long and got a little tangled up in the walkers.  Settled into a nice rhythm though, and chatted the entire time.  In no time at all, the finish line loomed ahead and I was SHOCKED!  We sprinted through the finish line, and it was over:)  I did not walk a single step!  I did not feel the urge, even.  Yes I sweated, yes I breathed a little hard, but I was able to talk the entire time.  The course was nice and level with a slight uphill finish, but I would love to do the same one next year; it was great!

I need to pick another one so I continue to run!  I'm trying to figure out my next steps.  Stay on a running plan, or do Insanity hardcore for the next 60 days?  Insanity is 6 days a week, which means I would really need to take a running break for 60 days.  OR, should I continue to run 3 days a week, but add on 2 days of Insanity?  Agh!  I don't know!  I DO know I need to do some strength training, so I'm leaning towards taking a 60 day running break and doing Insanity.

Here's the 60 day pics.  I feel like I've lost a lot of inches in my hips/thighs, but you can't see that too clearly in those black shorts.  I am NOT posting pics of me in my underwear though, so y'all will just have to take my word for it;)  Comparing to the pics from 30 days ago.







 












You can see in the pic on the right my butt is a little more flat.  Also, the top of my thigh doesn't hang over so much.  Stomach is SLIGHTLY flatter, but still needs a lot of work.




















Pic on the right, you can see my gut isn't flopped over my belly button so much, and my shorts appear slightly longer because my rear isn't so wide:)



















Fat rolls on the left, reduced fat rolls on the right, 'nuff said!  So ... guess it's time to see what kind of results are produced by Insanity.  Excited to have completed my 5k, excited to do something new, excited to run ANOTHER 5k in the not too distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment