Thursday, August 30, 2012

Only 1 day left!!

Just have to get through tomorrow, then it's 5k day!  Very excited:)  I know for a fact I won't win ANYTHING, but I'm hoping to at least not take a walk break.  I've held up my end of the deal and ran my 25 minutes all 3 days so far this week; I ran at 6:00 Mon and Tues and 9:00 last night.  The interesting thing is I always start running in exactly the same spot; Tues was the shortest distance I managed to run.  I was about 500 ft. short of where I ended on Monday, but YESTERDAY I went about 1500 ft farther than I did on Monday.  I am able to keep on pushing it a little harder when I do my late evening runs; it's just so much easier for me.  I have adopted the K.I.S.S. strategy; Keep it Slow, Stupid.  When I don't do well on a run typically it's because I started out too quickly, pace wise.

I'm mildly stressing about my calorie count a little bit.  I'm worried I'm over estimating the "calories burned" on Sparkpeople.  I work 3 hours 5 days a week cleaning stalls.  It IS hard, physical labor.  I'm cleaning, hefting 40 lb bags of bedding, and dumping 24 5 gallon water buckets, most of which are FULL.  But I'm also USED to it.  When I upped my working days just over a year ago, I dropped some weight pretty good without changing much about my eating.  I made a half-hearted attempt to cut calories some, but wasn't very dilligent about it.  Within 6 months, I'd packed back on every lb I'd lost and then some because my body just adjusted to the extra work.  Spark People insists I need to be consuming between 2150 and 2400 calories per day; I disagree!  I think I was around 2500 on the average before cutting them down, and all I was doing was GAINING weight.  Normally, I'm around 1400-1700 per day, sometimes a little more, but I haven't gone over 2k calories at ALL since starting this whole journey.  Yesterday I accidentally ingested a little under 800 calories for the whole day.  I KNOW that's bad, but I'm just so paranoid about eating too much! My body can handle quite a lot of exercise without losing one single inch, so I know the key is to keep those calories DOWN.

Will run tonight and soak my foot tomorrow.  5k is at 7:30 Saturday morning and it will be about an hour drive out there, so I will report back on Sunday with the all new "weigh in" pics:)

No comments:

Post a Comment