Thursday, August 23, 2012

Feeling good, good, good!

Booty looks pretty good, huh?;)

Getting there ...

Not tight or squeezing anywhere:)




Just out of sheer curiosity, I tried on a pair of Cruel Girl jeans I'd bought 2 years ago during my last "real" 'skinny' time.  They're a size 13, and my butt looked awesome in them, so I bought them despite the NO STRETCH AT ALL denim being just a teeny bit snug.  I've worn them probably 4 times total because I finally just grew out of them.  Last time I tried them on, I couldn't even pull them up all the way over my rear end.

Yesterday, they pulled up easy and perfect, buttoned up no problem, and once I got them ON ... they were a little loose!  They've NEVER been loose:)  I'm so excited:)

I also was very proud of my little Publix shopping trip.  For once in my life, there was NOTHING in my shopping cart that caused me to be embarrassed.  Romaine lettuce, bananas, strawberries, Bolthouse Farms smoothie, fresh pears, and a gallon of milk.  GO ME:)

This morning I awakened early and set out on my 2nd of 3 runs this week.  I put a little fuel in the tank by drinking 8 oz of a Bolthouse Farms smoothie (The Perfectly Protein Mocha).  My left heel has been bothering me for quite some time now.  When I've been sitting after working all day, I am literally crippled for a few minutes until it warms back up.  This is what makes my runs difficult sometimes.  I tried icing it last night, but that actually made it go crazy and the whole of my left foot started to THROB.  It was really weird, it hurt like crazy:(  So for tonight, I got some epsom salt that I plan to put in some nice warm water and soak that foot in the warm salt water and see if that's any better.

I had a single filet of grilled Tilapia and a salad for dinner tonight, and it was round 2 of making my own homemade balsamic vinaigerette.  I did much better this time!  I used 1 1/2 tbsp of dijon mustard, 1tbsp of honey, a small pinch of minced garlic, a tbsp of balsamic vinegar, and 3 tbsp of olive oil.  It tasted divine on my salad!  I ditched the iceberg lettuce and went with romaine, and put on simply a few cherry tomatoes, some crumbled feta cheese, honey roasted almond slivers, croutons, and one slice of crumbled bacon.  The toppings were just a pinch, not even an actual half a serving of anything.  For dessert I will have a 1/4 c of sunflower seeds just to keep my protein levels up.  After inputting my information into SparkPeople.com, I've been consistently low on protein and carbs.  It's a cool website!

Feeling good!  Changing my lifestyle is working out for me so far:)

1 comment: