Saturday, August 11, 2012

Almost bed time

Ugh.  I had company over for dinner tonight, so I was TRYING to think of some sort of SLIGHTLY healthy dessert.  I didn't have handy any of my sis's recipes for yummy, low cal cookies, so I asked the hubs what he wanted.  Strawberry cake.  Lol, ok.  So I made strawberry cake out of a box and decided on cupcakes because one serving is 1/12th of a piece of cake, which would equal 2 cupcakes.  I managed to eat only 1, but they're CALLING to me.  I'm sort of enjoying denying myself, though.  Rather than the "SCREW IT" attitude, I'm embracing my desire and proving I do indeed have self control.  One thing I DID buy is some Blue Bell vanilla icecream (my FAVORITE) that is sugar free.  Only 90 cal per serving, 4 g of fat.  Interesting!  I'm going to try it out and see if that helps out my dessert craving thing.

I made some super yummy enchiladas with shredded chicken and whole wheat tortillas.  I fixed us all 2 of them, and felt full after 1 1/2, so I stopped there.  I've done great today, still firmly on track.  I indulged myself a little bit last night with a few handfulls of fried pickles from a restaurant and half a margarita.  By my approximations, though, I was still pretty far under 2000 cal.  I had a salad with italian dressing, one dinner roll, a 6 oz sirloin and about 3 bites of my baked sweet potato.

Today's run was REALLY hard.  Yesterday, I had a bit of a fighting sort of ride on my horse, so today I am VERY muscle sore, mostly in my legs and torso.  On the way home from work, I stopped in at a local park that's about 25 minutes from my house (so I don't go very often) and set out on their pea gravel running track that skirts the park.  I had one day left on my week 4 of Couch to 5K, and this week has been definitely tough.  My legs felt like LEAD today.  Those 16 minutes of running were SO hard, it took a herculean effort to actually DO it and not "cheat".  In retrospect, maybe I should have waited until tomorrow.  Hopefully next week is do-able for me.  I know if THIS week was hard, next week will be a killer!  Progress, progress ...

And just a little side rant, all these cutsie little smoothie packages you can throw in the blender with either ice or milk or juice and then you blend up the frozen fruit and make your own smoothie ... have SUGAR in them!  Seriously?  I will be getting some fresh fruit from my local Publix and making my OWN smoothies this week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment