Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy dance, happy dance:)

Well ... I THOUGHT I'd been this "skinny" before in the last 5 years for a VERY short amount of time, but I'm thinking now maybe not.  At least not my legs.  My legs are not, and never have been "thin".  I was a ballet dancer as a teenager, and I tend to build thick bulky muscle instead of long and lean muscle.  I would be MUCH more suitable as a body builder than a model lol:)  The majority of the fat on my legs is right on the outside of my thighs, about 8 inches below my hips.  Why is this info important?

Well, today I put on a pair of full chaps I'd bought about 12 years ago to wear when riding horses.  Over time, they became so tight and hard to zip I tossed them in a box and forgot about them.  Well, today I thought it would be fun to ride in them.  The zipper slid smoothly down my leg ... and left a GAP all the way down, even in the fat part of my thigh.  The pants I were wearing today?  Last time I put them on, I had to squeeze myself into them.  Today the butt and thigh were loose, the waistband comfortably roomy.  FABULOUS!  I'm just psyched.  Not yet ready to go shopping for smaller clothes, but happy with how things are going right now.

I have begun to crave the after run "burn".  I still do not really enjoy the actual act of running, but today for instance:  I woke at 6:30 to take kidlet to school, cleaned stalls for 3 hours, rode my horse for about 30 minutes, went to teach riding lessons at one barn, went to teach lessons at a second barn, got home at 8:45 and promptly went to change clothes and head out to begin week 6 of Cto5K.  I've just kind of lost my "lazy bug".  Very proud of how I'm coming along,

Belize!

No comments:

Post a Comment