Friday, October 19, 2012

Losing weight can be dangerous!

Carpet burn from low plank!

As I knew it would, the soreness has gradually abated.  I'm still definitely feeling like I'm pushing my body harder this week than I have, though, especially coming off "Recovery Week". I love the way Insanity starts slow and builds you up with a nice warm up then stretch.  I have shown a few of the exercises to my hubby and friends, and doing even 1 or 2 "cold" is super hard.  

I am officially "happy".  By that I mean I am absolutely 100% in a size 10 now!  Finally made it to Goodwill, and it's AMAZING the variety in that particular size, lol.  Usually, I'd come away with about 6 pairs of size 14's to try, maybe 4 of those would fit.  I pulled about 12 pairs of jeans to try, and I didn't even go THROUGH the last 2 racks ... my ADD had kicked in and I felt like I had enough to try on.  4 of them were 12's, the rest 10's.  Every pair of 12's were too big.  One pair did fit well in the thigh and butt, but was loose in the waist; I bought them anyway because I liked the cut and color.  I must say, the 10's look smashing on me.  It shows off my "new" curves even more when my jeans aren't hanging off my rear, lol.  It's weird to have pants that FIT again, I'd gotten used to having to strap on a belt.

The great thing is the fact that I've made a LIFESTYLE change.  When I think of stopping for fast food every now and then, I totally avoid "burger" joints.  Taco Bell is the one I go to most often; I get tacos and a Mtn. Dew.  I literally consume 4-6 oz of the "dew", then pour the rest out the window.  Subway is a good alternative, and I've had Arby's once or twice.  I just avoid everywhere else because I know I don't have the self control to go into McD's and NOT get a QP with cheese.  I've been fighting sugar cravings all week because it's 'that' time of the month, and I've done ok.  My big "lightbulb" moment has been in indulging my sweet tooth, but in a SMALL way.  Instead of 6 snack size candy bars, just 2.  Instead of 4 Oreos, just 2.  Instead of 3 scoops of icecream, weigh out the proper serving size.  On that note, weighing out peanut butter for my protein shake!  Going a step further, substituting Peter Pan PB for all natural Almond Butter.  Buying brown rice instead of white.  Buying the pasta with the lower glycemic index.  Eating baked tilapia and black beans for lunch.  It goes on and on ... the best thing is, I CAN keep it up forever.  I don't MISS white rice, or normal pasta, or even the Peter Pan.  I LOVE that baked tilapia, and after eating a full serving of beans or peas, I'm too full to worry about a chip craving or something.  Yay me:)

I will not stop until I have a subtle 6 pack.  Since I've made my size 10 goal, size is now irrelevant.  I want to look like one of those girls doing the videos.  The only way to do that is to keep pushing, keep sweating, and keep eating right!  My journey is far from over, it is going to last the rest of my life!;)

A bruise of unknown origin, and a very painful rub from my half chaps that are now too big and shift around:(


1 comment:

  1. When I have a sweet tooth craving I like to go for some frozen mango or frozen strawberries, taste just like sorbet!

    ReplyDelete