Monday, October 29, 2012

WOW!



Insanity is an incredible program.  Went to visit with some friends the other night, and the only response to me was, "Still losing weight I see."  SO nice to feel this way:)

Saturday, I had to teach extra early and just couldn't dynamite myself out of bed to do my workout.  By the time we got home, it was 11:00 pm.  I ended up deciding to go for a run instead of do the "Core Cardio and Balance" workout.  Decided to run for half an hour straight and see how far I got.

Started to run and didn't stop.  By the end, I'd gone 2 miles, broken a pretty good sweat despite strong winds, and BARELY raised my heart rate.  I was astounded.  I haven't pounded the pavement in almost 8 weeks, and I RAN 30 minutes without any problems whatsoever.  I normally would start to huff halfway up the first hill.  By the third hill, I would be wheezing like a 400lb asthmatic.  Saturday, I literally could have carried on a conversation the ENTIRE time I ran.  I can't believe how much improved my cardio endurance is.  Planning on my next 5k being in January, the "Hot Chocolate" 5k.  I may try to actually run on a little bit this time!

"Weigh in" pics this coming Saturday!  My pants are fitting GREAT, hopefully down that one more size by next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment