Thursday, July 19, 2012

almost end of summer ...

Well, now that I've pretty much purged myself of cravings, it's getting easy to eat healthy.  It's 7:00 in the evening, and I've consumed less than 1000 calories today.  I've drunk around 40 oz of water which has kept that hungry feeling at bay.  I got really hot at work today and actually felt very sick to my stomach, so I just haven't had an appetite.

Had O'Charley's for dinner last night, and went online to check all the calorie counts on the various dinners.  I chose one with the smallest calorie count (sirloin and scampi) and paired it with a salad (ranch dressing that I just dipped my fork in; consumed like 1/4 tsp of it), ONE roll, and the broccoli rice casserole.  I was FULL afterwards, and it was really good. Glass of water to go with it.  Normally, I would have my salad with the same fork dip in the ranch, but I would ALSO dip my roll in it.  Then I would have a 2nd roll.  I like to get the sirloin and chicken tenders with a loaded baked potato and a big, tall glass of sweet tea.  I haven't worked up yet to only eating half my restaurant portion, but according to the online calories, my dinner was only around 900 calories, and I'd only been at around 500 calories leading up to it.

Bottom line, I feel pretty good about things.  I need to go out in about an hour to run ... I haven't yet this week, so I will have to do 3 consecutive days to get them in.  I've been to the chiropractor twice in the last week, and I FINALLY feel great in my back.  I truly feel sorry for people that are afraid to go out and find themselves a good chiro, because it feels SO amazing to not have to live with back or neck pain.  I always realize just HOW bad I was hurting after I've been, because I sleep and sit and walk/run pain free.  My 10 year old son is ready to start going, so hopefully sometime in the next month I can start to get him up and going as well.

Yay for accountability!

No comments:

Post a Comment