Tuesday, January 2, 2018

WHY do I still have back fat??

Be still, my heart!

Hello?  Bueller?  I mean, can anyone relate here??  Lol.  I don't know about y'all, but I fall into the trap of, "I've eaten well for the past 24 hours, I've worked out for TWO DAYS in a ROW here, and I still have fat rolls.  WTH?"

Don't think you can see that bead of sweat rolling down my neck


I'm in AMAZING shape for a morning routine here; Tuesdays are going to become my get stuff DONE days :)  I don't have to be at work until 9:30; it takes me half an hour to get to work.  My normal Tuesday routine is hit 'snooze' 4 dozen times until I roll out of bed around 8:15, then by the time I get all my stuff packed and ready to go, it's 9:00 and I've barely gotten it all together.  This morning?  It's currently 6:12 in the morning, workout DONE, showered, made up, dressed, hair coiffed, and my first cup of coffee by my side.  WHAT?!  Lol.



The normal Tuesday is David's day off, so I usually don't have to take Little Man to the babysitter, but with the holidays, he's working the rest of the week.  We're down to 1 vehicle this week, b/c David dug into the car to replace the busted heater core (which entered literal meltdown stage last week, after being on the edge of broken for a year now) and realized he needs a mechanic to help him out.  So we're going to figure it out and hopefully come next Monday, I have a car with a nice, warm heater!


I'm going to make wise use of my extra time; finish up this post, read my bible, then get dinner in the crock pot.  I was already planning where to stop and pick up dinner on the way home, and I said NOT!  I have my handy dandy list on the fridge; it has 6 meals on it.  That means ONE DAY of eating out, not multiple days.  If we eat out tonight, that means nothing over the weekend, and David really likes to have a meal out either Friday or Saturday evening.  I have one meal planned that can go in the crock pot, and Kody's home to get it started, so I will chop up the beef, mix up the soy sauce and garlic, and get that broccoli beef simmering.  It's healthy, and it's DELICIOUS.

Amazing Broccoli Beef recipe

I guess not having a scale causes me a tiny bit of discouragement.  At least with a scale, you have a tangible THING that says you're on the right track.  Lately, I haven't stuck with any exercise/healthy eating LONG enough to feel my clothes loosen up, so I get discouraged.  I feel like yesterday's 24 hours of eating well was an eternity.  Today, I need to figure out lunch, dinner will be ready when I get off, and I'll have my usual Cheerios.  I HAVE discovered Kroger's Carb Master milk.  I've tried the low cal eater's favorite milk substitute Almond Milk, and I Just.Don't.Like.It.  I've tried different brands, different flavors, and it's just yuck.  I've thought about delving into Keto, but the guidelines are to stay UNDER 20 grams of Carbs a day, and my Cheerios are more than half that.  I tried eating eggs for breakfast, and #1 they don't stay with me, and #2 I'm about to eat the entire loaf of bread by dinner (hence the day I ate well ALL DAY and then gorged on 5 sliders and a bowl of Doritos).

Compare the labels.  Carb Master is AWESOME!




Last night I fixed the aforementioned sliders.  Used the same sweet buns I did last time.  Made it solely with Turkey Sausage.  I had TWO, only 1 bun (and just the bun bottoms, at that) and a bowl of my Boom Chicka Pop popcorn (my fave low cal option; 45 calories for a cup, and my bowl was about a cup and 3/4).  Dessert was a serving size of Turtle Chex Mix.  I have icecream, brownies, hot fudge, cookies, etc in the house.  I managed to walk by ALL of them, go me.  How long can I do it?  Hopefully 364 more days!

Couldn't resist this cuteness!

Here's to 2018!  I've got that "hurts so good" day 2 soreness going on.  I am dying to do the Hot Chocolate 5K; it's in Nashville (3 1/2 hours west) and it's the weekend before my birthday.  I have 4 weeks to decide for certain if I'm going to do it.  They have a 15K that would be AWESOME to shoot for next year.  Hopefully the weather moves about the 30's so I can not only get out and do Cto5K, but also so Khaleesi can get out and stretch her legs!!

One of our MANY trips down the Dragon's Tail this year


No comments:

Post a Comment